Hello from Hong Kong!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fragrantknife

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Sean, a chef currently living and working in Hong Kong. Though I was born here, I grew up and lived most of my life in the UK, before returning to Hong Kong early this year. Ive worked in East Asian style kitchens in London and Hong Kong, but at the moment am working in a western neo-bistro here, so perhaps I have some perspectives on professional knife usage across different cultures that youre welcome to ask me about if you like!
for now, thanks for having me! thanks for all the v interesting posts on here ive been enjoying these past few months!

fragrantknife

Welcome. Do you have any favorite UK'ish knives and Hong-Kong'ish knives?

Welcome, I'm new here too.
Hi! I'm Sean, a chef currently living and working in Hong Kong. Though I was born here, I grew up and lived most of my life in the UK, before returning to Hong Kong early this year. Ive worked in East Asian style kitchens in London and Hong Kong, but at the moment am working in a western neo-bistro here, so perhaps I have some perspectives on professional knife usage across different cultures that youre welcome to ask me about if you like!
for now, thanks for having me! thanks for all the v interesting posts on here ive been enjoying these past few months!

fragrantknife

Nice! Do you prefer working with a Chai Dao or a western knife?
Or, as they are quite different, for what tasks do you prefer which? :)

Best regards from Germany
Mow

Welcome. Do you have any favorite UK'ish knives and Hong-Kong'ish knives?
Yes! Big fan of the Clement petty that I use, which has become my go-to small task knife. When it was first gifted to me it was much smaller than I was used to, but being small enough to fit in my apron pocket meant it always stuck on me, very useful when jumping across different stations

My Leung Tim #2 is fantastic for volume. If I have to do any serious prep whether detailed or not, it just blasts through big prep tasks and acts as a shovel too!

Back