Hello from Munich!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reyem

Reaction score
Hey y'all!

I've really just started my journey with knives, but I'm into Japanese style knives in general. I've had a (probably Chinese) Santoku for almost 5 years now made from VG-10 with (probably) fake Damaskus finish. Would still get pretty sharp with a cheap $20 Amazon whetstone 1000/3000 combo, but not hold the edge for too long. I'm a computer science Master's student -- so while I do cook and use my knives, I'm probably not doing it as often as I should, which might change now if I'm getting more into knives 😄

So I might not have made the best choice right now, because I've ordered two knives from Japan, from a seemingly pretty unknown shop, without doing much research and without having any idea of what to look for in a Japanese knife. When I googled, only this forum came up with someone asking about that shop like two weeks ago. So I figured I'd join, post some pics of the knives in that thread, and get some feedback from you guys on whether I wasted my money or not! And then let's see where the journey takes me.

Cheers,
Rey

Back