Hello from southern NH

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoomVang

Reaction score
... of if you don't know US geography I'm about 45 min NW of Boston.

Lurked on the site for the past 6 mo or so but finally decided to join.

I'm an avid non-professional home cook; my wife is the baker in the house. We have 15 year old twin girls that have become foodies over the past couple of years and we are having a lot of fun cooking together.

I had a set of Wusthof Classics for a number of years (they were a wedding gift) but moved on a while back to a K Sabatier as my chef knife. It's a much better cutter IMO vs the Wusthof and has been my go to for most tasks since it entered the kitchen. Been looking at adding a Japanese knife and my research eventually led me to the forum.

In addition to family and food, we also like wine (who doesn't?) and sailing (hence my user name).

Excited to join and learn...

Welcome to the forum.

I like how you you mentioned "a" Japanese knife.

Check back to this original post of yours in a few months to see if the singular qualification still applies :biggrin:

Welcome to the forum. To receive some advice on shopping for THE Japanese knife there is a "Which knife...." questionaire at this link. http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...hich-Knife-Should-I-Buy-quot-Questionnaire-v2

If you'll fill this out you will receive some suggestions that are (mostly) tailored to your requirements. And +1 to above. I started down the Japanese rabbit hole needing one knife. Got more rabbits than I know what to do with now.

Welcome to the forum.

I like how you you mentioned "a" Japanese knife.

Check back to this original post of yours in a few months to see if the singular qualification still applies :biggrin:

Welcome to the forum. To receive some advice on shopping for THE Japanese knife there is a "Which knife...." questionaire at this link. http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...hich-Knife-Should-I-Buy-quot-Questionnaire-v2

If you'll fill this out you will receive some suggestions that are (mostly) tailored to your requirements. And +1 to above. I started down the Japanese rabbit hole needing one knife. Got more rabbits than I know what to do with now.

Lol - I hear ya. I'm on a couple of watch forums where I started off looking for "a" watch...

Back