Help identifying knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IT's faded but can anyone venture a guess as to the maker?

TIA

knife.jpg

Ugh. That's a Seki Tsubazou one by Yaxell. Just another sub-standard cheapo.
I know you can't expect much for a 10-dollar knife but I'd rather have Tramontina or even Ikea knives.

Ugh. That's a Seki Tsubazou one by Yaxell. Just another sub-standard cheapo.
I know you can't expect much for a 10-dollar knife but I'd rather have Tramontina or even Ikea knives.

Are you sure Seki Tsubazou is Yaxell? I was under the impression that Seki Tsubazou is made by Sekiryu.
Yaxell's cheapo line is Seki Tobei. Either way very low end 420j2 knives.

You mean Ohzaki Touken? Probably another OEM thing?
At least for a few samples it is Yaxell, company name on the box and I have never seen a box with Ohzaki name, though I haven't seen inside the box.
(If it is just about packaging and logistics there can be regional differences maybe?)

You can also find Sekiryu branded identical cheapos, and Yaxell's Seki Toubei seems like not necessarily for low-end knives (not that I would buy one, though).
Anyway, the company has got too many brands and OEM products to trust anything.

By the way, Tsubazou trademark is registered by Ozawa hamono co., ltd. in Seki city, that's kind of obscure too.

You mean Ohzaki Touken? Probably another OEM thing?
At least for a few samples it is Yaxell, company name on the box and I have never seen a box with Ohzaki name, though I haven't seen inside the box.
(If it is just about packaging and logistics there can be regional differences maybe?)

You can also find Sekiryu branded identical cheapos, and Yaxell's Seki Toubei seems like not necessarily for low-end knives (not that I would buy one, though).
Anyway, the company has got too many brands and OEM products to trust anything.

By the way, Tsubazou trademark is registered by Ozawa hamono co., ltd. in Seki city, that's kind of obscure too.

I meant Ohzawa Touken, which owns the Sekiryu brand name, and sell Yo-bouchous as Seki Tsubazou and Wa-bouchou as Seki Kanebou. All low end, although their top line is VG10. Never heard of Yaxell connected with them.
Yaxell does produce their lowest line, the Tobei in a Chinese factory and assemble them in Japan, so very likely Sekiryu is doing the same thing. Maybe the same Chinese OEM factory.

Back