hi from san diego

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeis

Reaction score
finally made an account after lots of browsing, excited to be a member.

Welcome! Got anything cool to show off? :D

Got my three beauts compared here!
https://imgur.com/a/Fu8KqAH

165mm Funayuki in White #1 by Jamison Chopp (Muteki line)

Have had the Muteki for the longest, a really great knife. Super thin, nimble, and pretty good edge retention. Gets sharp as hell. I could do it all with this knife. The most comfortable thing to use. Fit and finish 10/10. Bought it for around $250. Jamison is a talented bladesmith, love all of his work.

210mm A2 Gyuto by Shi.Han

Just got the Shi.han today, its a beast. Haven't had a chance to cook a meal with this, but have cut up some onions and some produce that had gone bad in the fridge. SO much fun to use. The height is perfect for its length. Fit and finish is out of this world, comes with an cork edge guard and oil. Profile is a little different than I am used to, a more aggressive radius up front. Shi.han hooked me up with this one off A2 using his new handle, great guy. Purchased for $480.

270mm "SK" Steel Nihonkou Gyuto by Sakai Kikumori (woops)

Picked up the Sakai Kikumori from Bernal for about $120. Seriously the best for ur $$$ in the game right now. Awesome edge retention, a lil chonkier than my Muteki, but by no means thick. Have little to no issues wedging. The height is great for most things: dicing shallots aint it's strong point though. F/F 7.5/10

Haven’t explored much of San Marcos other than the DMV office.
Theres... a little bit to explore LOL. Mama Kats has the best diner/breakfast food I've found outside the East Coast, Double Peak is quite a pretty hike, and like all of SD, good Mexican food.

Back