Hi from Sydney

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wombat

Reaction score
Another Australian, there seem to be a few of us here already.

I've been lurking for a while, mostly trying to gather sharpening knowledge. I started buying Japanese knives a few years ago and then realised I had to learn how to look after them. Still learning. This forum has been a great source of information, looking forward to contributing.

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome. I'm in Pyrmont.

Here are a few from my small collection (if I've managed to post the photo correctly - hopefully the file isn't too large). I mostly have stainless clad and R2, apart from the carbon Kagekiyo. Missing is my TF Maboroshi, I ran into the ceiling of my abilities trying to thin it and it had to go to hospital. :oops:

IMG_3687.JPG

Welcome, from Robe SA.

Nice looking knives, what are each of them if you don't mind me asking? (I'm pretty new to this, so can't recognise them on sight as some here can!)

Nice to meet you! Welcome to the nakiri fandom @wombat, and nice collection. First time I'm seeing a Jikko santoku :)

By the way, the 240mm Kagekiyo doesn't look 75 mm longer than the 165mm nakiri from that photo angle it's super trippy.

Nice to meet you! Welcome to the nakiri fandom @wombat, and nice collection. First time I'm seeing a Jikko santoku :)

By the way, the 240mm Kagekiyo doesn't look 75 mm longer than the 165mm nakiri from that photo angle it's super trippy.
Nice to meet another nakiri fan! Yeah the photo angle is weird, phone rotated it 90 degrees for some reason, but in real life the 240 is much longer than the others and doesn’t fit comfortably in the knife block or my small kitchen.

Latest posts

Back