• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hide single-bevelled

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asteger

Reaction score
Would like to trade for something 1-bevelled from Hide, who has a great reputation with these: a larger deba, usuba or yanagiba would all be great, white or blue.

I have a few knives and j-naturals I could offer in return in some kind of combination.

Same here buddy...provide an estimaed value. Please read the B/S/T guidelines.

Thanks, but not quite following this. I checked the guidelines again and the closest thing there was simply, Pricing - Values must be listed for all knives/items being sold. However, I'm not looking for sales and would like to keep my stuff, but could trade if there's a good possibility. I'd assume that guideline applied to WTS posts, not WTT.

Actually, in posting here I was thinking of BST mod Von Blewitt's own WTB post I noticed a while back in which he says he's looking for a certain knife and would be happy to trade for unspecified knives (like me) or buy (unlike me as I don't want to buy, just trade):

This is a long shot, but I'm looking for a 180mm Shigefusa Kitaeji Yo Gyuto, I have some cool trade bait, but also willing to purchase outright.

Other knives of interest are Hinoura Tsukasa 180mm Gyuto or Yoshikane SLD damascus KU 180mm gyuto.

Thanks for looking

Can't see there's much difference, though surely Huw and I are following the same guidelines and I felt my post above was quite in line with the guidelines and similar to Huw's offer of 'trade bait'. Is there a suggestion now that values have to be listed for any gear offered for trades?

solid rebuttal haha

How do you like my rebuttal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Received, thanks. But I'm listening for Hide 1-bevel owners who might be looking for some sort of trade, though a long shot as I said. (Probably a good sign if they want to hang on to them.) A few knives and/or j-nats are possible on my end.

Back