• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hinoura 210mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tostadas

Hobbyist / Craftsman
Reaction score
Hinoura Hyakuren Tsuchime 210mm (215 x 52)
White #2 core, iron clad, burnt chestnut/horn ferrule

This one hurts to let go of because it fits my hand so well, but I need to make room for another TF. It has a KU finish, but feels smooth to the touch because the raised areas are polished. The blade is wide bevel with a good amount of weight near the spine, giving a blade-weighted balance. The tall/wide neck and chestnut handle provide a near perfect feeling grip for me. Profile is nicely curved in front, and flattens near the back 2-3" toward the heel (but still gently curved). I’ve used in my home kitchen for a few months for small meal prep.

I rounded and polished the spine and choil with sandpaper progression up to 1200P, taping it up prior, to prevent any stray scratches. I eased the shoulders just slightly which greatly improved the smoothness of cutting. The stock sandblasted bevels were flattened and polished with naturals. The patina has been removed, but it takes a wonderful color, which I included a photo of.

The handle has a really light surface scratch on the ferrule, which can be seen in the photo. I’m sure you can easily polish it out with sandpaper, but I’ll leave that up to the new owner. Comes with original box.

$225 shipped to your door CONUS (sorry no international)

Edge length: 215mm

Height at Heel: 52mm

Spine at Heel: 3.0mm

Spine at 1cm from Tip: 1.0mm

Weight: 168g

Balance point is 40mm from the heel.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

hinoura.jpg

Last edited:
this would be a great deal if it were just ootb but having one of these come flattened with extra choil/spine easing at lower than retail is a steal.

glws, I love mine.

Back