• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hinoura Blue#2 Kasumi Stainless Clad 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigthyme

Reaction score
Yes, yes I purchased a knife from burrfection but it's actually quite good (and they were super nice to boot). I think this blade is too nice for me, I need something lesser ($$) and maybe a tad thinner. Open to trades for thinner 240mm gyutos + cash but mostly looking to sell for $450 obo (including shipping to CONUS). Only used 3/4 times and sharpened up once on a 1k -> 3k->leather strop progression via shapton pros. Tiny patina on the cutting edge from tomatoes. Hoping this bad boy lands in a good home soon!

Specs:
  • Measurements:
    242mmx51mm
  • Above heel: 2.8mm
  • Middle: 2.4mm
Weight: 207g

ALBUM:
MORE PICS:

m_hinoura.jpeg

EDIT: Sorry for the nighttime pics, can take more in the morning on request + added measurements.

Last edited:
I bought one too. I’m confident that if this knife were carried by one of the other major shops we buy from it would be consistently sold out. I emailed them asking to verify the measurements and they promptly sent me photos of the only two knives they had with calipers showing how tall the heels were. One was over 52mm and the other was just over 49mm. I took the taller knife and ran. I love this knife! Whomever buys yours likely will as well. GLWS

Last edited:
I bought one too. I’m confident that if this knife were carried by one of the other major shops we buy from it would be consistently sold out. I emailed them asking to verify the measurements and they promptly sent me photos of the only two knives they had with calipers showing how tall the heels were. One was over 52mm and the other was just over 49mm. I took the taller knife and ran. I love this knife! Whomever buys yours likely will as well. GLWS
Yes! I did the exact same thing but they didn’t tell me about the 52mm :) also agree with your sentiment re: other shops

I know a lot of people here have really liked the W#2 and AS KU versions that have been floating around but get caught up on not liking the Nashiji finish in conjunction with the KU. Of course, everyone that likes this combo just happily keeps their knives and enjoys them. For those that don’t like it, this knife takes all the aspects people have raved about and then removes the KU/Nashiji finish. If you like B#2, that’s another added bonus. On top of all that, it’s a relatively rare knife. If you’re on the fence about buying this, don’t be. It’s a great knife and well worth the money IMO.

Let’s sell this thing! One more drop but please send me your best offer.

Back