• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Hiromoto honyaki, TF Denka, Tanaka R2 Ironwood +

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found a box with some gems I'm letting go to fund other hobbies.

Yoshikasu Tanaka in blue 1, KU
This is their 270 version (sells new for $550 + customs and shipping)
256 x 52m
3.7mm spine at choil
Choil has been rounded and polished none of the hard edge typically part of a KU finish
Professionally thinned and bevel polished to near perfect
$350 shipped ConUS

TF Denka 240 gyuto
The perfect TF Denka with custom western handle and custom friction fit saya - blackwood by Cody Paul - a piece of art IMO. Bevels and transition to western rehandle have been done perfectly for a Denka.

Grind is perfect, with no overgrinds.
Blade measures 239 x 51.

Bevel set was set with 1k by the previous owner. Lightly touched by me with naturals (6kish). Fit and finish are perfect, I don't have the pin for saya but it doesn't need it due to custom fiction fit. Barely used
Considering the custom handle and saya are around $500-600, and considering this is the best Denka that has crossed my board in regards to fit and finish (I've had 4), I'm asking for $1,150 shipped.

Hiromoto Honyaki 240
All the cool kids have one of these. Can't recommend it enough, an amazing value
Supposedly per Koki, this was the last one that went out from his store and was his own.
A beautiful blade, can't get these anymore I believe, I have two so selling one. If you know you know, prob one of the best deals for a honyaki ever, if I say so myself. Spectacular geometry and weight, i would say slightly below a workhorse but handles much like a lighter blade.
I use this knife in regular rotation, last sharpened by JKI. Its' got maybe 2 hours of light board work since then
242mm x 49mm

Tanaka R2 Ironwood Sujihiki 270 Damascus
Prob one of my favorite steels ever. Old stock, bought 5-6 years ago
Perfect handle and great fit and finish, this example has a slightly taller profile than stock which i much prefer as it makes this knife much more versatile
275 heel to tip 45xmm
Lost track of what these retail for but I've seen 240's go for $1200, $1500 for a 270
A barely used example, forgot I had this as it was put away 2-3 years ago, oiled.
asking $1075

Catcheside gyuto
240 x 54
01 steel i believe
Have had this in regular rotation, a great profile that can easily do all duties.
The handle is a great complement to this weight and profile
asking $525

All prices shipped Con-US

If you need better pics or more details please let me know.

Last edited:
Hiromoto

Attachments

• IMG_3374.jpg
    IMG_3374.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3373.jpg
    IMG_3373.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3372.jpg
    IMG_3372.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 0