• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Hitohira (Kikychiyo x Kyuzo) Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHiggins

Reaction score
I got this about a month ago and have used it for approximately 10 minutes (and lightly touched it up on a 3k stone). Right after I bought it, a Kochi nakiri came in stock at JKI and I picked that one up, too. I don't need two nakiri, so the Hitohira is up for sale. The Hitohira is an excellent cutter and has a spectacularly thin grind.

Specs:

Blade length = 165mm (it's billed as a 180, but that's the measurement from the handle to the end of the knife)
Blade height = 53mm
Weight = 165gr.

Price = $230 shipped CONUS (I paid $262 from Strata in Portland: Hitohira - Kikychiyo x Kyuzo - Blue #2 Kurouchi - 180mm Nakiri - Cherry Handle)

20200830_080044.jpg
20200830_080058.jpg
20200830_080307.jpg

I have the exact same nakiri and it performs amazing. This is a great price too. Surprised this is still here

The blade length is 53mm? That puts it at approximately 2.1 inches. Just clarifying as I'm thinking about it.

No, sorry. I lent to a friend and I think that when I get it back I'm going to turn it into a bunka. (The nakiri-to-bunka project will probably be the subject of another thread).

No, sorry. I lent to a friend and I think that when I get it back I'm going to turn it into a bunka. (The nakiri-to-bunka project will probably be the subject of another thread).

So I finally got around to converting this nakiri into a bunka. The cutting edge is now about 150, down from 165. Not sure if it was a good idea or not yet, but at least it has a useful tip now...

Homemade Bunka.jpg

I found myself like the original Nakiri shape is much better......😳😳

But is not my knife, just telling my feeling, no offence at all.

I am closing this thread as it is a BST one and would kindly ask the OP to start a new thread if he wants to discuss his project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back