• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Hitohira Tanaka Manzo B1 Damascus 270 K-tip Yanagiba (Stone-ready and refinished by XinGUo)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm quite fond of this one and debating whether to sell it, but I guess I'll make it available for a few days while I'm in the US
  • Background
    • Originally got it here
    • Spent a lot of time, effort, and abrasives making make bevel stone-ready, and then sent to Xinguo for a re-finish as I didn't have the means to deal with the ura etc.
    • The low spots and the slight bend out of the factory have all been fixed. It'll be very easy to practice polishing on.
    • The knife is now both a very well-finished piece and a polishing knife, arguably better finished than a new one (costs ~1k now?).
  • Condition:
    • Completely unused after the rework
    • The knife has a thin layer of protective polymerized silicone oil coating on top. It prevents oxidation in daily use and can last for a long-time. it can be removed by any abrasive that removes patina.
    • It's more durable than your average anti-oxidation oil coating, but of course softer than iron, so it can be scratched by harder things
  • Price:
    • $640 675 shipped.
    • My cost includes $480 original purchase price + $90 refinishing + $50 various transaction costs, including shipping and payment + a few weekends of my own time
    • Price includes shipping in the US, I'll cover the first $25 for global shipping.
    • Methods - PayPal / Venmo / bank transfer are all fine.

Last edited:
Back