Howdy From Texas

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supraunleaded

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Greetings everyone, long time lurker first time poster from Texas! My first foray into high end cutlery were a pair of Shuns, sharper than anything I had at the time. Then came the workhorse that is the Victorinox Fibrox (which like a certain Toyota Hilux, will never die). I was able to cop an early model Shun elite SG2 10" chef's knife for a song and for a while was my prized possession. Fast forward a couple years later, I discovered Bob Kramer and magical 52100 steel. My first experience with reactive steel was his 8" euroline chef's knife and to this day continues to amaze me with its sharpness and patina. Add in a Bob Kramer damascus 10" chef's knife and some Chosera stones later, I find my horizon broadly expanded when I discovered the world of japanese chef knives! And so my plunge into the rabbit hole of jknives, starting out with Shigefusa and Masamoto. Currently in the process of obtaining my first Shig and wondering if the Masamoto hype is worth it's doubling in second hand markets. I look forward to keeping my head above water while I wade through this new world and hope to savor all the vicariousness from members and their shiny knives.

Back