• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD HSC Zwear, 240 x 55mm, 238g Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I like the knife, love the steel. But I've found I prefer the 48-50mm tall 240's and this one is a bit tall for me. Yes, Harbeer's Zwear edge lasts almost forever. I've not had occasion to sharpen the knife.

New was 650ish, asking $600, Priority and insured to your door.

And yes my picture skills are wanting.
20210831_162754.jpg
20210831_162957.jpg

It tapers into a very thin tip - but not one you'll be afraid of breaking off. Just this side of laser.(Don't open cans of course) My house is devoid of anything suitable to cut and take picture. I'll try and fix that soonest.

Meanwhile, $575.

Shockingly still here. If you haven't tried z-wear, you don't know what you are missing plus it is from a great maker. GLWS

I was asked about edge length, flatness and the tip. Here are some pics I did in response. At 3/4 of the way up the blade it starts a small upsweep. The tip disappears into nothing - but does not seem fragile. Measured on the edge I get 250mm.
2021-10-02 17.50.29.jpg

2021-10-02 17.49.36.jpg

Bump.

And spine thickness is 4mm out of the handle, slowly tapering to 2mm where upsweep begins then more quickly tapering to nothing at the tip.

Latest posts

Back