Hyde Cleaver Pass Around

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillHanna

Gotta get ready for ARM
Reaction score
Anyone interested in maybe a week or so? I have another Big Boy to bust out in a couple weeks, so it’ll sit by the wayside for a little.

Requirements are vibes. I’ll just pick and choose how I wanna, if this gets traction. 450USD valuation. Leave the belt sander in the garage; it’s 1075. No stone under 1K; you’re not reprofiling. Just have fun chopping with a big ol chopper.

I'd love to! I wanna see how big n thicc u like em... For science.

I’d like to participate. Interested in the maker and trying a quality cleaver. My wok shop cleaver wasn’t up to snuff for rectangle month.

Pretty please, I want to give it go.

I’m hoping to have some fun with it this weekend, then decide who’s in. I gotta have my fun first.

I’ll probably only have 5-6 people. That gives me about 7-8 weeks with my other new toy.

Jacksonville, Florida!

I would love to try out another rectangle, if you’ll have me. I’m in Florida, so putting me in rotation after jville would probably work best.

I just hope this goes better than Jedy’s 🤯
I have a lot of work today, so instead of going digging, anyone care to give me a brief summary of what happened?

If it’s not too late I’d be happy to join. I’m in La Vista Nebraska :)

I would love to try out another rectangle, if you’ll have me. I’m in Florida, so putting me in rotation after jville would probably work best.

I have a lot of work today, so instead of going digging, anyone care to give me a brief summary of what happened?
His Isas got decently tipped en route to the first person and then the box got smushed en route to ~the fifth person, putting a decent warp in the knife, and put a pause on the passaround for it to get worked back to true and cleaned up before resuming.

Arrived safe and sound! Touched up the edge on my slab of concrete new to me Shapton Pro 8k. Initial thoughts are the same as @BillHanna's. A bit thin, especially at the spine, but usable nonetheless.
PXL_20230622_003045764.jpg

Back