I love this Binsui!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PalmRoyale

Reaction score
Bought this Binsui for just €40 from a Dutch webshop and it's a lovely medium fine stone. According to the description it's a 1000-1500 grit stone but it's much finer. It's at least in the 5-6k range. It has a very nice sandy feel and puts a good toothy edge on a blade and a nice finish. I'm glad I tried it because it's my new favourite medium fine stone.

20190909_182455.jpg
20190909_182821.jpg
20190909_182830.jpg

Sounds cool and looks nice. The Dutch webshop doesn’t happen to have any Binsuis left? [emoji848][emoji6]

Damn, thats a lot finer than what I thought Binsui can go.
I was surprised as well. I compared it with the scratch pattern of my Sigma Select II 6k which is a true 6k stone and the scratch pattern is just as fine. I do have to make a slurry, otherwise it doesn't do much. Maybe that plays a part.

Made a small mistake. It's actually a Jo-Haku. it sat in my drawer for months and I started using it this weekend. I was sure it's a Binsui.

Hello.
I see that this thread has not been active for a while.
But I was just wondering, isn't Jo-haku the same as Binsui?

Bought this Binsui for just €40 from a Dutch webshop and it's a lovely medium fine stone. According to the description it's a 1000-1500 grit stone but it's much finer. It's at least in the 5-6k range. It has a very nice sandy feel and puts a good toothy edge on a blade and a nice finish. I'm glad I tried it because it's my new favourite medium fine stone.

View attachment 60718 View attachment 60719 View attachment 60720
Can i know what angle do you sharpen this knife?

Back