I need some help guys. ( serious stuffy here)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, but trying to get anything across the border would be even longer and more bureaucratic. it could be as much as a year or longer for some of these things. not on the Canadian side. but on the American side.

Sounds weird, but I had a dream last night that I found 2 Red Tail Hawk feathers for you. Probably a long shot, but we have an awesome raptor center here I'm gonna give them a call today. Probably be a dead end, but it's worth a shot.

I applaud your efforts and wish I could help more. May her journey be a peaceful one.

As a side note. Why is it illegal to keep a feather I found on the ground? Curious.

My understanding is that it centered around the depleting numbers of certain birds whose populations were decreasing to unsustainable levels and poaching was not uncommon for these animals because of the high sales value in the open market and the government did not believe that they could curtail the poaching effectively. Animals and birds play a significant role in the religious rights within Native American cultures and maintaining the population of these birds also played into it. The preservation of these feathers for use in these rights was brought to the table in the formation of these laws. This also apply to migratory birds unless you have gotten them through legal hunting means.

Personally, as an avid outdoorsman, I believe that the numbers of these birds has grown to a point where they are sustainable. I also think that the feather laws could very easily change to allowing possession and free transfer but dissallowing sales on the open market.

Hello, Guys
I would like to thank everyone for there support and concerns. I knew this was the right place for this. With that said, I am requesting that Dave remove this thread. It was never my intent to offend anyone or project my beliefs onto any of you. I was compelled to do this, for whatever reason and I will continue to do so. However, I did not realize by posting here that some would have moral objections, regardless of my intentions. I apologize for offending you, but not for my request as it is bigger than me. I am going to ask Dave if he can remove this thread. I do not want something like this to polarize or damage this forum, so many of you have been helpful to me since I have been here, that I do not want to be the cause of any rifts. I do not want the offended ones to do anything that we will all regret later. I and I alone will take full responsibility for any actions or consequences caused by this thread.

Thank you, for your support and understanding.
Sachem Son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back