Inexpensive Aogami Super Petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly never really had a problem using low petties on a board. But I can understand how some people might not like it. You just have to hold it a bit differently... or put your product closer to the edge. I bet @stringer has a video somewhere demonstrating it!
I really only found it a problem on rimmed plate; I have some wooden plates and petties make generally make decent cheese knives, but the combination of low height plus plate rim is suboptimal.

My wife can prepare an entire chef's salad with a Henckles paring knife.

I'm looking for an inexpensive aogami super petty to give to my children for Christmas. I have a few Shinko Seilan's and really like them. I gave one to my daughter and she loves it. Knives and Stones is out of stock though. I've seen Akifusa's and Yamamoto's from Cleancut, a Yoshimitsu from Knifejapan, and a Yoshihiro from Burffection. I suspect most Japanese aogami super petty's will be fine but was wondering if anyone here has an opinion on one over the other.
I have some AS Akifusa petties from epicedge that are real nice, AS being the core steel, the rest being stainless. 'inexpensive' is in the eye of the beholder, but I think the prices are fine.

epic Akifusas

Back