• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Integral damascus single bevel yanagiba Harner..

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HHH Knives

Reaction score
Hey guys, I hate to have to sell this one. I have used it on every roast and even on some turkeys! Even with that, its not getting used much in my kitchen.. Pair that with 2015 TAXES and its time to find this one a new home..

I paid just over 2 G's for this knife, direct from Butch.. about 2 years ago.
Selling for $1600.00 + shipping.

Specs: Its HHH damascus, RC 61/62 OAL on this knife is 454mm . Blade measures 320mm tip to heel.
Integral bolster, paired with redwood burl and bog oak.
There is a spacer of red died wood with stainless spaces and pin.
Its been sharpened once by Chef Large. I have maintained the edge, as needed, with leather strop loaded with 1 micron diamond slurry.

Comes with a handmade curly maple saya.

Asking 1600.00 + shipping.

Photo 1 is from Butch. photo 2 and 3 are from Chef Large when he sharpened it. I will provide current photos if requested.

Thanks and God Bless
Randy

Harner single HHH damascus 2 .jpg

Harner HHH Damascus single.jpg

Harner single HHH damascus.jpg

That's gotta be the sexiest harner on the planet. The combination of two legendary American blacksmiths making the king of Japanese knives is almost poetic.

Omg what a knife.

Someone is about to be a very, very happy new owner.

Whoever gets this one is gona be pleased. EVERY time I used it, I had a smile on my face!! :)

OK so here are some photos I took today. There is a beautiful blue/red patina developing. and to my surprise it showed in the photos.

IMG_8629 (800x533).jpg

IMG_8631 (800x533).jpg

IMG_8633 (800x533).jpg

IMG_8642 (800x533).jpg

IMG_8637 (800x533).jpg

IMG_8644 (800x533).jpg

IMG_8645 (800x533).jpg

IMG_8627 (800x533).jpg

I have a feeling that Taro would want this / is probably already eyeing this thread =p

I've come back to look at this one at least three times now. Can't believe it's still available.

Someone needs to pull the trigger on this one before I apply for a second mortgage.

Saw this blade in person , it is quite impressive , considering it is Integral Damascus and a single bevel it is darn good value , good luck with the sale Randy

Last call on this one with a adjustment. Price drop 1500.00 + shipping.

Whoever gets this one is gona be pleased. EVERY time I used it, I had a smile on my face!! :)

OK so here are some photos I took today. There is a beautiful blue/red patina developing. and to my surprise it showed in the photos.

If I wasn't recovering from, near bankruptcy myself, I would be all over this!!! This might be the nicest knife I have ever used, EVER!!! It is very nimble, and easily tackles the smallest & largest of tasks. I would, literally, trade half of my collection for this knife. Can not believe it is still available. Believe me, brother Randy, the money would be in your paypal account if I could afford it. GLWS!!!

Thanks Guys!! This one is SOLD pending funds.

Ill miss her, But am pleased shes going to a good home!

Blessings
Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back