• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Isamitsu Iron-Clad AS 260mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Description
Just received this today but it's not what I ordered and rather than send it back I'm passing it on. Used for a few test cuts, but basically new. Never sharpened.

Blade is iron-clad, KU with AS core.

Dimensions:
Edge Length - 260mm
Height at heel - 60mm
Weight - 9.4 oz / 266.5 g

What's included
Isamitsu AS 260mm Gyuto
Original box

Price
$675 shipped to USA. International buyers pay actual shipping minus $15. Price includes PP fees.

Photos
53169380100_b4b84407b8_k.jpg

53169143534_a1e12de063_k.jpg

53169143324_e89a0f7296_k.jpg

Last edited:
Did they send you the wrong knife or didn’t meet steel expectations etc.?

Oooph. This has got the goods. Grind looks nice and even. Choil is giving knife sweats

In house forged, by the same guy who made Denka's, with much better F&F AND a real kurouchi finish (none of that painted on shenanigans). These are customs. And it's still available? What is going on here. I would take an Wa Isamitsu over a Wa Denka anyday.
I assume everyone knows the isamitsu story round here. And I completely agree. Shocked it’s lasted this long. I miiiight need to start putting some cash aside and reach out for a custom like this. Might be a true “end all be all” j knife for me.

Hope I am not off topic with this question, how does the knife compare to a denka? Steel heat treatment differences?
Save for the steel, it is a very different feeling knife. It is good in its own way. But if you’re used to Denka, you will have some adjusting to do. Gaku wasn’t planning to build his success standing on the shoulders of TF prestige. He is really going for his own thing.

Guys thats over $100 below retail for a SS clad AS gyuto. And this is a custom. Huge deal right here from a great seller.

Do you know what wood they used for the handle?
Yeah I’m very surprised this is still here - a great spec knife from a great seller!

The only reason I haven’t slid into @ashy2classy ’s DMs already is because I assumed it had already gone when I first saw the post.

Back