• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Joel Black Apex Ultra Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esoo

┐⁠(⁠ ⁠∵⁠ ⁠)⁠┌
KKF Lifetime Supporter KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apex ultra nakiri from Joel Black. C50/Wrought iron cladding as per the screenshot I took of the original listing.

170x60, 274g, turkey oak handle (more about that below).

Bought at the end of January for ARM, and used lightly for the month (as the wife ended up doing more cooking that I did). Never been sharpened or stropped and still has a pretty decent edge on it - it still will stick into my edge grain maple board. Low bevel type grind.

As will see in the pic below, Joel shipped this blade to me with a cracked handle. Wasn't obvious in the listing pics, but the crack was there when I looked back at the listing. Per him, the handle is epoxied on and won't move. I did put CA glue in the crack and sanded down as much of the overage as I felt comfortable with to not ruin the handle finish, so there is some visible on the surface of the handle. The handle is beefy so it could be sanded down to not be noticeable, I just am not in the mood at this point to take on the endeavor.

Selling as while this is a pretty nice blade and the Apex Ultra is awesome, it's just not in my wheelhouse. Little heavy and I'm not the biggest fan of low bevels.

My landed price on this was $860CAD, so let's say $700CAD (~$511USD) $575CAD (~$420USD) shipped to Canada/ConUS.

Current pics below and let me know if you want and more info.
20240423_173344.jpg

20240423_173357.jpg

Current handle pic:
20240423_173408.jpg

20240202_120110.jpg

Last edited:
I want this

Latest posts

Back