• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS - EU Kagekiyo 240mm Gyuto W1 [from EU to World] *PRICE DROP*

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konsuke

Reaction score
Shipping worldwide (you cover the cost).

My first good knife respectively first gyuto I bought. Turns out it's too fragile and light for me. I expected it to be bigger as well. It's listed as a 240x50 but the edge length is ~ 225. F&F is top.

Bought from Miura Knives in January 2023 for ~ €600 (shipping/duties/tax). Used it a handful of times on veggies, so it has a light patina. Comes in original packaging that includes a black Saya. Currently sitting idle, camellia oiled.

€430 €390 + shipping (from Austria/EU).

Handle: Wood coated with lacquer in red and black tones (Urushi)
Saya: Black lacquer
Blade: 240mm
Height: 50mm
Weight: 151g
Thickness: 2.85mm

Attachments

• kagekiyo-gyuto-240-patina-2.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • kagekiyo-gyuto-240-kanji-1.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • kagekiyo-gyuto-240-knife-1.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • kagekiyo-gyuto-240-handle.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • kagekiyo-gyuto-240-patina-1.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • kagekiyo-gyuto-240-profile-1.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • kagekiyo-gyuto-240-choil.jpg
    kagekiyo-gyuto-240-choil.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
For what it's worth 225 edge length is fairly standard for Sakai blades; they measure the 240 from machi or handle to tip, instead of heel to tip.

Good to know, thanks. Yeah.. should have asked for advice in this forum before buying my first knife. Was just too damn blinded by it's beauty and in a hurry to get my first Gyuto.

If in doubt (or when retailer doesn't specifically mention 'heel to tip' length), just ask. Because even in Sakai you'll find some variety, with some 240s actually being 'true' 240s. Every manufacturer tends to do his own thing. Some run long, some run short.

[WTT] also possible: Big+Tall Nakiri or Tall+Flat-spot Gyuto/Kiritsuke

Last edited:
Back