• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Traded Kamon 255 Ku Gyuto & Billipps 145 Petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bico Doce

aka Big Dice / Bocce Ballz / Big Douche
Reaction score
Hey KKF,

I recently picked up 2 very hard to find knives with the intent on securing a trade. Here is the combo package:

Kamon Ku Gyuto 255mm 1.2519
https://crockercutlery.com/collections/handmade-knives-kitchen/products/kamon-255mm-ku-gyuto
Billipps Petty 145mm San Mai

Billipps will be BNIB, Kamon I had to give it just one cut test but basically new.

I would like to secure a knife + cash deal (so i can recoup a bit). Total trade value is $2700.

Only interested in gyutos.

Makers of interest: Rader, Xerxes, Billipps, Catcheside (but it has to be one of his larger gyutos), Yanick Honyaki, Kip Chevron/hook grind open to suggestions but it better be on the same level. Please dont come to me with 5 Yu Kurosaki's.

Not interested in: Raquin, HF (no disrespect to these guys but they tend to be offered up quite a bit in trade scenarios so I'd rather get ahead of it)

I can send/add some actual pics later or any specs that may be of interest.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Im willing to entertain offers for each knife respectively as well as a combo deal.

Sorry, I’m confused. Do you actually have these knives? Or are you still waiting for them to arrive?

Sorry, I’m confused. Do you actually have these knives? Or are you still waiting for them to arrive?
Sorry about that. I have the Kamon in my possession. The Billipps is being delivered shortly.

Why are you wanting to trade the Billipp didn't you just buy it yesterday

Why are you wanting to trade the Billipp didn't you just buy it yesterday
I purchased it with the intent of using it as trade collateral. I dont really use petties.

GLWT - to be more efficient, you can ask the maker to send to the lucky person direct...you can save shipping at least One-Way...

Here are some pics of the Kamon
34B6A031-328B-4469-A2E1-C78FED7205CE.jpeg

1F3100B5-1ECA-4905-A0B0-28BEC8A331FF.jpeg

BD1F6D68-F548-4932-B72A-6F76385ECA61.jpeg

Attachments

• F2D8A787-37CB-4381-ACF0-AB9C1133DB50.jpeg
    F2D8A787-37CB-4381-ACF0-AB9C1133DB50.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0
Billipps is spoken for and I’ve decided to hold on to the Kamon for a bit longer.

Thanks to everyone who took a look and reached out with offers. I really appreciate it.

Not that anyone is asking for it but there was a bit more to the Billipps purchase than I initially wanted to disclose and I figure most people could use a good laugh.

Truth be told, I had a Billipps on my want list for a while so when I saw Andy post something available on IG, I jumped the gun. It wasn't until after the I sealed the deal that I realized it was 145 mm (not my best moment, I guess I was thinking it was closer to 180?). I added the Kamon here to the deal hoping to persuade someone to give me a crack at another Billipps or something else off of my list but it wasnt to be. Long story short, the Billipps is going to someone who probably should have had it in the first place and all I had to do was eat the shipping cost for my gaffe (which Im perfectly fine with considering I made a bone head move initially).

Happy Memorial Day.

Not that anyone is asking for it but there was a bit more to the Billipps purchase than I initially wanted to disclose and I figure most people could use a good laugh.

Truth be told, I had a Billipps on my want list for a while so when I saw Andy post something available on IG, I jumped the gun. It wasn't until after the I sealed the deal that I realized it was 145 mm (not my best moment, I guess I was thinking it was closer to 180?). I added the Kamon here to the deal hoping to persuade someone to give me a crack at another Billipps or something else off of my list but it wasnt to be. Long story short, the Billipps is going to someone who probably should have had it in the first place and all I had to do was eat the shipping cost for my gaffe (which Im perfectly fine with considering I made a bone head move initially).

Happy Memorial Day.

I may have done the same thing once or twice but caught myself right before hitting the “confirm purchase” button (“wait, what am I buying?”) 🤣

I may have done the same thing once or twice but caught myself right before hitting the “confirm purchase” button (“wait, what am I buying?”) 🤣
Glad to hear Im not the only one. In this case I was in direct correspondence with Andy and it was after I sent the money via PayPal. At that point I was committed, no way was I going to try to back track.

Back