Kato Alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Forget that chunky hot gas beater in the front let’s talk about that svelt Ashi in the back there.
The svelt Ashi in the background has a beautifully rounded heel. I wish all my knife heels were rounded

An Ashi can be fixed. But you can’t fix the ugly of a ku Kato 😜

You know what they say about beauty and eye and the beholder.

To me the KU kato is beautiful, maybe not a conventional beauty that one’d find in a magazine but beautiful nonetheless. Like Uma Thurman, can’t quite point out why she is pretty but pretty she is.

And that marks the end of today’s philosophy lecture. In conclusion, Kato is in fact Uma Thurman in disguise and we love him for everything he is and everything he makes. Long live Uma.

I think a touched a sensitive part- never mess with a Kato ku fan, almost as dangerous as the TF clan 😜 luv u Khashmoney 🥰

😘😘😘😘😘😘

On a separate note, I’m happy to have membership cards to both the TF clan and the KP (Kato posse).

I end up running errands for the big boys mostly, hopefully I’ll level up one day to become a bronze card holder ☺️

Any news from Kato? I haven't seen any of his gyutos in the recent jns stocks, neither on auctions. It seems that Kato kitchen knives are becoming a rare finding these days.
Anyone knows the reason? Is Kato ok?

Any news from Kato? I haven't seen any of his gyutos in the recent jns stocks, neither on auctions. It seems that Kato kitchen knives are becoming a rare finding these days.
Maksim had a couple of Kato hunters a week ago. And someone snagged a very tasty honyaki Yani that he made a couple of months ago. So based on that I assume he's fine and well and maybe just taking a break after a very productive 18 months.

I don't have any actual information on his status but, since I'm his age I can tell you that people do slow down with age ;-)

Anyone know if the JNS 210 kiri tipped gyutos were white steel or blue steel?

Pretty safe bet they're blue
Depends if it’s std or workhorse. Heard std is blue while wh uses a mystery steel

That knife did not look appealing. Pretty weird shape to it. I'm never set on a profile and love trying whatever the expert makes but I couldn't imagine enjoying that one.
I have the 240ktip wh. It’s totally badass. Totally oversized and imposing presence, more so than the regular 240 wh.
654EB29A-F323-4684-B843-8239315C351C.jpeg

Depends if it’s std or workhorse. Heard std is blue while wh uses a mystery steel

I have the 240ktip wh. It’s totally badass. Totally oversized and imposing presence, more so than the regular 240 wh.
View attachment 127807
The recent WH knives I have show a closer resemblance to my B#2 STDs than my older mystery white WH.

Back