Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The integral was the star of the batch with the ironwood handle. I'm definitely sure it was in the 3xxx range and I didn't want to spend that much. I bought #77 instead :)
Of course the price was cheaper than the shown price as I am outside Europe so no VAT was paid. The shown price includes VAT. Worldwide shipping was an extra EUR40.34

Last edited:
even 3000euros is very very expensive for a knife.

Yes, but someone bought it right off the bat. I don't know exactly when because I was busy filling in my order details so I only saw it was gone after I completed my order.

Good lord! I wouldn’t be able to use it or ship it or take it out of the box!

How much was the integral that just sold?
3990 euro with VAT . . . sold 20 seconds after jannis posted it.

Do you have to contact him directly? His website says there are no shipping options for the US.
when attempting to purchase it came back with that? i had the same thing happen to me today, and told jannis about it.

3990 euro with VAT . . . sold 20 seconds after jannis posted it.

when attempting to purchase it came back with that? i had the same thing happen to me today, and told jannis about it.
He must have posted the integral later. When I checked there were still 2 custom knives available. The profile doesn't appeal so I didn't check too carefully. Congrats to Jannis for pulling in those numbers. Says a lot about the respect people have for his work.

I wish he'd make some more gyutos from the nickel/carbon steel billets he has left.

Agreed, he seems to be focusing on making gimmicky knives now, geared towards maximum price to effort ratio, knowing it’ll be gobbled up by someone chasing the name.

Agreed, he seems to be focusing on making gimmicky knives now, geared towards maximum price to effort ratio, knowing it’ll be gobbled up by someone chasing the name.

Well that's baseless speculation if I ever saw it. For one thing, those damascus gyutos could sell for way more than a paper knife ever would. For a second, it's dangerous to attempt to accurately equate a vendor's pricing with a craftsman's take home pay.

Not to be overly rude, but perhaps its best to avoid attributing intentions to someone you personally know nothing about. The man's in his 70's with a lifetime of work and success to his name, seems to me he can choose to make whatever he wishes.

No, I think he's just fulfilling an order book thats chock full.

In my 70s I'd make what I want to make and tough luck on everything else. If he decided to exclusively make hairpins for his grandchildren, he'd be well within his right. We're lucky as it is.
His Uncle made tweezers for goodness sake

Back