Knife Price Jump Alert from JKI

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leansmancave

Reaction score
Here is the link to this recent post on JKI's blog. It says the prices of Japanese knives would increase by 20% or so and we would see the change starting from this fall.

Now even our hobbies are getting more expansive. :scared4:

For what its worth, its not going to be just me... everyone buying knives from japan will see this

Well atleast us makers may see a slight boom in business.

Well atleast us makers may see a slight boom in business.

Can't leave out foreign makers outside of the far east, like Catcheside and Brian Raquin and Blenheim, either. Unless their prices go up as well, the prices of the Japanese knives will get close enough to push more people in their direction as well.

I've seen this on Rakuten. I got a yoshikane skd nakiri for 11000 yen in March. Now I think it's 14000...

Can't leave out foreign makers outside of the far east, like Catcheside and Brian Raquin and Blenheim, either. Unless their prices go up as well, the prices of the Japanese knives will get close enough to push more people in their direction as well.

I would agree, Catcheside and Brian Raquins are looking like they will be very competitively priced if they stay at their current price points.

The current FX also makes it easy to purchase from Europe =)

Back