Quantcast

Konosuke HD 210 petty, baseless Rika, SS2k, raw horsebutt

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

spaceconvoy

Reaction score
Getting rid of a few things so I can pay for a custom order. I'm happy to sell internationally, but will have to adjust prices for shipping:

Konosuke HD 210mm petty with rosewood & pakkawood handle - Great knife, but I hardly ever use it. It's been sharpened 4-5 times, only on the Rika, so the bevel is still tiny. There are some very faint scratches on the blade from when my wife washed it with the rough side of a sponge, but I can't capture them with my camera. Also, I modified the saya by cutting a curve into the bottom (details here) and finished it and the handle with mineral oil. IIRC, the rosewood handle was an extra $35, plus a 3 month wait, so if you buy it from me, you'll save $55 and 3 months of sanity :) Asking $200 shipped anywhere in the US.

Baseless Suehiro Rika 5k - Bought new from blueway Japan for $62 shipped, IIRC. I'm a bit sorry to see this one go, but I'm through with soakers. Used less than a dozen times, still has 22.5mm of height left. Asking $50 shipped anywhere in the US.

Naniwa Super Stone 2k, baseless 2cm - Bought new from another forum member, on the assumption it was splash and go. A word of caution: you can use it splash and go, but it's not ideal and should be soaked 5 min before use. As you can see from the pictures, it could use a good lapping. Used maybe 3-4 times, still has 19.5mm of height left. Asking $35 shipped anywhere in the US.

Horsebutt - I bought a whole hide, chopped it up, and kept the nicest pieces. Each piece is roughly 3.5" wide, the longest on the left is a hair over 12" and the shortest on the right is 9.25". Keep in mind they all have some variation in thickness, and need to be prepped before use. Asking $7 for any of the left three, $5 for any of the right three, shipped anywhere in the US.

spaceconvoy

Reaction score
Both stones and one of the larger pieces of horsebutt have been sold.

spaceconvoy

Reaction score
The Konosuke is sold, just 5 pieces of horsebutt left... make me an offer! I'd be willing to sell the whole lot for cheap.