• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Konosuke.hinoura

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tsukasa hinoura ats34 245mm $1400
konosuke fm w1 dam 255mm $1400 - SOLD
konosuke fm vintage swedish 240mm $2300 - SOLD
konosuke fm vintage swedish 240mm $2300 - SOLD

All Bnib / Shipping within the Conus Only.. Overseas shipping not possible... Pp, Shipping fee included

Attachments

• R0001526.JPG
    R0001526.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • R0001522.JPG
    R0001522.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • R0001523.JPG
    R0001523.JPG
    674.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240229_170911.jpg
    20240229_170911.jpg
    943.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, not one but two FM Togos?! It'd be cool to know how you managed to snag both if you're privy to sharing.

It's been said already but I agree with other Tanaka Togo owners that the steel is truly something special; add the classic Konosuke F&F and it's a darn special knife. GLWS!

Excuse my lack of knowledge
Is Swedish vintage steel automatically considered Togo reigou?
I thought it specifically refers steel from Andrew steel co forged from Swedish iron sands and imported to Japan I. The 1800s
From my knowledge, they used to be marketed as togo reigo, however they have switched to calling them vintage swedish because there is a lack of paper trail. However, Tanaka specifically has said this steel feels very similar to how togo should feel, so it's assumed that this is togo.

@Genghis_F

In the woodworking tools world, as I've read online in Japanese, there's lotsa vintage swedish steels talked about, some by name some by how they act (like blue or white or even tamahagane moreso), by the woodworkers who sharpen it but also thecraftsmen. So I imagine there's probably casual labelling of steel as on thing or another. For instance not every blade is stamped with steel in Sakai vintage ones included, just kinda of a casual trust thing. . . Even in Japanese blacksmiths in general there's hardly ever a steel stamp on knives

But uh there's lotsa swedish steels, and they don't all feel like togo. Its just this particular batch from Sakai I guess

Back