• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Konosuke Swedish Stainless 240mm Gyuto w/ Saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
2 weeks old. Great shape (touched up on high grit natural stone). Nary a mark on this guy. I'm throwing in the Saya and UPS Ground shipping (continental US, if you're somewhere else..we can discuss ). $225.00. I have pics (and can't 4 the life of me figure out how to post), working on that. PM me.

Well Ash, apparently I'm destined to try them all.. this is a good one. I just have lots of stainless gyuto "overlap". Handle is pretty slick. Pm me an email address until I get flickerphotobucketsomething cranked up.

You know what, I'll go full disclosure. This is terrible marketing.. but if it never sells, that's ok too. I really do like it. As I said I just have too much overlap in that department, and I can say.. this one is interesting. On one hand I can convince myself that it is one of the best examples of a fully stainless monosteel very thin laser j knife. On the other hand I'm fairly certain that it is not worth $200 more then a Victorinox Fibrox 10in. Prettier, convexed better, cooler pattern..way better handle 4 sure. T-shirt screened kanji is sort of a bummer. Unless u want "no kanji". It's a paradoxical knife.

You know what, I'll go full disclosure. This is terrible marketing.. but if it never sells, that's ok too. I really do like it. As I said I just have too much overlap in that department, and I can say.. this one is interesting. On one hand I can convince myself that it is one of the best examples of a fully stainless monosteel very thin laser j knife. On the other hand I'm fairly certain that it is not worth $200 more then a Victorinox Fibrox 10in. Prettier, convexed better, cooler pattern..way better handle 4 sure. T-shirt screened kanji is sort of a bummer. Unless u want "no kanji". It's a paradoxical knife.

Haha, good stuff. Thanks for the upfront explanation. I just purchased a couple new knives (including a Kono ginsan) so my compulsive decision to even look at this one is probably not a good idea. Oh well, it doesn't hurt to look, right? ;o)

Good on you for giving your brutally honest opinion. I take it that you originally purchased it with a collector's mindset instead of a chef's mindset? Been there. Not a nice stance for the old wallet. I'm sure there are a lot of Konosuke believers out there who would be able to find a place in their kitchens for this knife, though. Best of luck on your sale.

Good on you for giving your brutally honest opinion. I take it that you originally purchased it with a collector's mindset instead of a chef's mindset? Been there. Not a nice stance for the old wallet. I'm sure there are a lot of Konosuke believers out there who would be able to find a place in their kitchens for this knife, though. Best of luck on your sale.

Thanks. It will sell. It's a cool setup. I got to play with it...check it out. So...I'll knock of some dollars for that and let somebody else give it a whirl. It's a bad azz knife.

Unfortunately due to funds I can no longer get this guy. Its a beautiful knife though and probably a great performer. Glws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back