Kramer essential

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimH

Reaction score
I just figured out that I can use my 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon on a Kramer essentials 10" chef's. $212 inclusive. What do you guys think of this deal?

It's a good price they go for 249 cad up here. I paid $199 for the 8 inch blade for my mom and she likes it.

Looks like a good price on a knife that gets good feedback on the forums. The prices mentioned in Canada are pretty much as low as they go for, but this is from a place that has deals on Zwilling, Staub, Demeyere, etc. The retail prices are much higher so your 20% off price seems pretty good

You say that as if there is something wrong with POM for knife handles. Considering that the 52100 line had unstabilized scales that caused no end of issues with shrinkage, I'd have to say it's an improvement. For a working knife, polyacetal resin is an excellent material.

Rick

Same thing with a tall blade. Some people like it, some people don't. Just listing things I noticed about the knife that OP may or may not like.

Yes, that's a good deal for a Zwilling Kramer. They are very rarely on sale at SLT, usually like a one-day thing and it's exempted from their coupon discounts.

Too bad you can't use that on the new Kramer Meiji line (rereleased through Henckels with FC61 Swedish steel). Sur La Table seems to have an exclusive on it for now.

If you like the profiles, you should get it. You're not going to get much better than 20% off. I love the Kramer handles, but I really dislike the chef's knife profiles.

Have you had a chance to try out a Kramer for a good period of time? From looking at them online, briefly trying them at the store and contrasting them against the knives I already owned and liked (with very different profiles than the Kramer), I really didn't think I would like them as much as I do, especially the shorter 8" (I own both 8" and 10" now).

Not saying that they are necessarily for everyone, but in my case I went in expecting the profile would be a deal breaker, but after some use I find it just works for me, and now I'm converted (though I'll still like and continue to use my other gyutos). There is a little technique adjustment that's was required, especially to use the high tip, but overall they perform so well I found it has been definitely worth it.

I know that I thought I would not like them but got one for fun and really dig the profile. If the handle is a hang up a re-handle is a good idea if the profile fits you. The stainless steel possibly AEB-L is done well sharpens up nice and easy and holds an edge for quite a while. Here is one that has been re handled as a gift for my mom. IMG_2230.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I put in the order last night. And then this morning found myself as the first person to view the DT ITK for sale....rent might be an issue this month.

I just figured out that I can use my 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon on a Kramer essentials 10" chef's. $212 inclusive. What do you guys think of this deal?

Too bad you can't use that on the new Kramer Meiji line (rereleased through Henckels with FC61 Swedish steel). Sur La Table seems to have an exclusive on it for now.

FWIW The local culinary store will honor BBB coupons for 20% off an item. The coupons typically exclude some brands, Shun, Wusthoff, on the current one I have in front of me but if it's not excluded they will eat the discount. I would ask at SLT if shopping for a knife there.

The tip is super thin. It has a wonderful distal taper along the entire length of the blade.

And not only is it very thin behind the edge, it is thin overall, yet still has great food release.

I ended up with the same knife, love it, and hated the handle material so it's currently now out getting replaced with some cool colored wood...if you hate the handle, you can always replace it!

Hope you enjoy your knife! I suspect the 6" knife will feel pretty different in the hand than the 8" or 10", at least that was my experience when looking at the ZK Meijis in the store.

Back