• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD LaSeur Damasteel Gyuto, 235mmx56mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This knife from Tony LaSeur is absolutely stunning. It is from the Damasteel Chef Invitational this past year. I want a taller blade, so I'm going to have Tony make me something similar, just taller. Cuts like dream and is a nice middle ground of size and weight. The tip most certainly cuts like a laser while the heel is more mid-weight. Never sharpened and doesn't need it, IMO. The handle is this beautiful ironwood burl with stainless spacer and it has a matching dyed leather saya. Good stuff.

I paid $1,100 for it and would like to get $975 for it delivered CONUS, $1,000 international. It. I'm open to certain trades or trades plus/minus cash, but I'm specifically looking for gyutos in the 230-280mm range with a heel at 60mm +/-.

Specs are in the photos belows, but my own measurements are:
214 grams
Heel at 56mm
Blade at 235mm
OAL at 387mm

Photos below.
IMG_1046.jpg
IMG_1047.jpg
IMG_1048.jpg
IMG_1049.jpg
IMG_1050.jpg
IMG_1053.jpg
IMG_1054.jpg
IMG_1055.jpg
IMG_1056.jpg
IMG_1057.jpg

Oh man. That’s extremely tempting. I’m not even a Damascus kind of guy. Someone is going to score a homer in here

Wow. And wow again. If the timing was better I’d be sending a PM. Such a great looking blade! You’ve been letting some beauties loose! GLWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back