Let's see those sharpening stations!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kev, cherish that sink bridge. There are not many out there. Tolerance and strength, functionality are unparalleled.

James well done!

Oh Yeah !
I nocked together a wooden one originally which was fine for one stone, but once I'd bought a couple more stones it was getting impractical. Rather than prat around I just bought the one from James. Well worth the investment 👍

Here's mine; simple and functional!

station.jpg

I've not seen the swarf collection bowl shown in the left-rear of the picture. This changes the detritus collection significantly. Can you please show more pictures of how you got the flow to move off the bridge to get into a specific bowl?? BTW very tidy (5S) setup. Goat out!

Actually, I was making making a bunch of finger stones on my Atoma 140 earlier and collected the swarf directly from the plate. Unfortunately no ingenious 'subwoodtenean' filtration system, though it had crossed my mind...

I've not seen the swarf collection bowl shown in the left-rear of the picture. This changes the detritus collection significantly. Can you please show more pictures of how you got the flow to move off the bridge to get into a specific bowl?? BTW very tidy (5S) setup. Goat out!

New stone bridge that JKI offers. Will get a stone holder for more height and clearance but it's a nice upgrade from my piece of wood over the sink.
image.jpg

New stone bridge that JKI offers. Will get a stone holder for more height and clearance but it's a nice upgrade from my piece of wood over the sink.
View attachment 33029

I noticed that Jon had a new one… it looks pretty similar, but from what I can see, it isn't slotted on the top and it has a layer (silicone ?) that I presume helps keep a stone from moving if not using a stone holder?

Could you (or Jon) comment further on this model? I may order one to have as backup (I like the old one enough I'd get a second) since I have a return shipment coming from JKI at Some point

The rubber is removable and keeps the stone from moving. I would like more height and clearance to not hit the pan but I'm using a small pan. Don't think I would experience that with a bigger pan. No slots in the metal but not an issue. It's still Suehiro and really well made. I really like it.

Stupid question: where do I get that pan?
Although I see others have helped you out, I apologize for not seeing and answering your message.

Alterwisser get that size in stainless. The polycarbonate flexes under load that is annoying.
It depends on the way they are made. Mine does not have very much flex compared to others I have tried. Also, I tend to find stainless GN pans less stable; even with shelf liner, but that's just me — whatever works best for you.

Back