• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS LNIB - John Phillips (Phillips Forged) 125 mm Damacore paring

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uguisu

Reaction score
I’m listing this gorgeous LNIB (never cut or sharpened) John Phillips (Phillips Forged) 125 mm paring knife which I purchased directly from John at the Damasteel Chef's Invitational Expo in April 2021.

The stunning mirror-finished blade implements the “Grosserosen” pattern of cryogenically treated/triple tempered Damacore DC18N HRC 63 Steel.

The blade has a full distal taper with convex edge geometry and a rounded spine with a false harpoon tip which make for a comfortable rest while doing detailed work.

The dimensions are 5”/125mm cutting edge with a 10.25”/260mm OAL and height of 1.1”/26mm tall at the heel.

The weight is 4.25oz/120g.

The handle is made from stabilized Hiwaiian Koa wood with bowling ball and brass spacer, in a hidden tang construction.

The balance point is at the halfway point of the bolster, placing the weight of the blade firmly in the hand.

I paid $700 - I’m asking $595/OBRO (Paypal) including USPS Priority mail shipping (CONUS only). No trades.

Please reply via email at [email protected] or PM.

First “I’ll take it” gets it.

Phillips_Forged-b.jpg
Phillips_Forged-c.jpg
Phillips_Forged-d.jpg
Phillips_Forged-f.jpg
Phillips_Forged-h.jpg

Back