• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Looking for a stiff 270 sujihiki/slicer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattador

Reaction score
Looking for either a Mazaki, Toyama, Watanabe, Heiji, Kochi, Mizuno, Kagekiyo, Fujiyama, or custom. Carbon steel iron cladded or monosteel. Preferably under $350 but let’s talk.

If this goes nowhere I’ll probably just head over to Cleancut for their Mazaki (international shipping bleh), but I figured I’d check out BST first.

Last edited:
JNS has really fast shipping. Not sure he has any Mazaki or Toyama in that length right now, but shipping is free and fast.

JNS has really fast shipping. Not sure he has any Mazaki or Toyama in that length right now, but shipping is free and fast.

Unfortunately they’re out of stock [emoji17]

I've been playing with sujis a bit lately. The best I've found in carbon are Heiji and Watanabe. Still undecided on my preference. The Mazaki is a bit meh but I think that about all their knives I've used. I've not tried a Toyoma or Fuji (yet).

I’ve been using Masakage Koishi 270mm suji through shifts lately and really enjoying it. I saw one recently for less than the $400 I spent on mine. Let me double check- will follow up via pm

Dammit man. I don't need to start this with another size - though my 240 Tad suji might be the one I use the most.

Anyone have a Toyama/Wat 270 that’s collecting dust? Maybe even a 300 gyuto from Sakai that’s short at the heel

Last edited:
I've been playing with sujis a bit lately. The best I've found in carbon are Heiji and Watanabe. Still undecided on my preference. The Mazaki is a bit meh but I think that about all their knives I've used. I've not tried a Toyoma or Fuji (yet).
Had a toyama and 3 mazaki, I found the mazaki to be more useful In a pro environment due the easy to make them sharp. Toyama can stay sharper one more day but then you can't make it sharp again without using a waterstone.
Watanabe never tried one.

Back