Low spot fix?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordyM

Reaction score
Hello everyone:) I have been sharpening and using my single bevel blue #2 Kiritsuke for a while now and have been noticing what I assume to be a low spot o the bevel. I noticed it when I first sharpened it and one spot on the bevel was un-scratched by the stones! I have had the knife maybe 6 months and the spot is still there:( the only way I can think of fixing it is with A LOT of sharpening! Does anyone know of anyone that does these sort of fixes or if I just have to live with it? Thank you all in advance.....

(Didn't know if this post would be more suitable in the sharpening section or this one)

This is pretty typical of a lot of single bevel and wide double bevel knives. The first thing I do with a knife like that is take it to the stones immediately to find the highs and lows. Attack it with a low grit stone or diamond plate to completely flatten her out then work up through the progression from there. You don't have to get it all in one session but I like to just get it done.

For some reason I can't figure out how to insert an image in a reply:(

So just a lot of stone action then? i don't mind doing that as long as i can sort this out:)

If it's just cosmetic there's no real harm in letting it work out over time, if it's interfering with the edge then that's another story

It's basically just aesthetic reasons I want it sorted, it doesn't seem to be interfering with the cutting edge as it seems to be low in the iron cladding below the shinogi and above the lamination line

Back