Magnetic Knife Strip for Deba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry's Knives

Reaction score
Does anyone know which magnetic knife holders are strong enough to support a Deba or other heavy knives? The one I have barely holds mine up and it fell off once and took the tip of the knife off with it. Am moving house soon and want to design a well-functioning kitchen. Am based in UK.

I bought one of these a few years ago and it held 5-6 knives of varying weights including a heavy chinese cleaver. I found it to be very secure. The placement of the rack was less than perfect and we would bump the knives often and never had one come crashing down. I also think the leather contact surface gives it a bit more grip and performs double duty because it keeps your knives safe from any damage as you put and pull your knives from the rack. Piotr does a few different styles including a freestanding rack if that works better in your space.

Piotr the Bear | Knife Magnet | Modern Cooking

Piotr's Website

Last edited:
A solution if all else fails is a support at the bottom end of the handle. You can make it pretty discreet if you’re creative, I’m sure. Quarter sphere little wooden nub is what comes to mind.
60567907-D062-4B4C-8E84-CA603988113C.jpeg

I’m lucky/unlucky enough to have run out of room and had to store stuff in a weird, but very secure) way with mag strips and shelving or backsplash as a rest. I wouldn’t trust the cleaver to be hanging by magnetic force alone. Crappy bars, perhaps.

Back