• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Traded Manaka 240mm Blue#1 Tall Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tostadas

Hobbyist / Craftsman
Reaction score
Manaka 246x56mm Gyuto
Blue#1 core, iron clad
Octagon rosewood handle

Original owner of this knife and used it maybe 3-4 times at home. I fully rounded/polished the spine and choil, and refinished the blade with natural stones and etch. The current finish is much smoother (significantly less drag) than the one that came with it out of the box. I got a bunch of new knives since refinishing this knife, so it's essentially been sitting in the box since.

This particular example is thinner than the previous B#2 one I had in the same size. The flat blade road is really nice for those that enjoy polishing. Tall, 50/50 grind, forward balanced blade, with thick spine coming out of the handle and an aggressive taper.

$400 shipped & insured within US (international I can cover the first $15, PM for details)
Comes with original box

Dimensions
Blade length: 246mm
Height at Heel: 56mm
Weight: 222g
Balance: 40mm forward from heel

Spine Thickness
Handle: 4.8mm
Heel: 3.6mm
Midpoint: 2.3mm
1cm from Tip: 0.7mm

1.jpg