Many Thanks To Sharp Knife Shop!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumbleHomeCook

Embrace your knifesculinity!
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this okay to post in this area.

I want to share an amazing experience I had with Gage and Jake of Sharp Knife Shop (CAD).

Last month, they did a "12 Days of Christmas" give-away series on their YouTube channel. Each day they offered up different prizes and numbers of them to be given out. I didn't enter each day but I did enter couple of them. Well, lo and behold, I won one of the days! The prize for my day was an Ittetsu X-Hammer 170mm bunka in clad SLD. Having a serious soft spot lately for bunkas I was jacked!!!

But alas, there was a mix up and what I received was a Suehiro 6k/1k combination water stone. Now, that's a fine prize for sure, and while I was admittedly a little bummed, I still considered myself extremely fortunate and grateful. But, upon realizing the mix up, Gage notified me that not only did I get to keep the stone, but he was sending me the bunka as well. And that very day I received a shipping notification!

I was completely blown away! The knife arrived last night and I love it!

Not the best pics as it is very dreary and gray outside but here goes...

StDVeif.jpg

WOGHNi0.jpg

MYTMkFN.jpg

q2vpV4R.jpg

I've never even purchased from them before so it's not like I'm an old established customer. So very generous to all the winners.

A very cool thing and I am very grateful.

Thank you Gage and Jake!

Last edited:
Very cool! I have dealt with Gage a couple times on Piotr magnetic racks. He was super responsive and extremely helpful. Both times I ordered from him the shipping was fast even in the middle of this whole Covid mess.

Latest posts

Back