Maths

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bah! Screw that!

Listen @daveb, inflation is a bit...well, it's going up. Let's say 6%. So...

1300+95(.06) = 83.87.

So, really you need to spend $1478.70 to get the same value as just a short while ago. It's not your fault you have to spend more. It's just the way it is.

:)

AND … when you consider that you will recover at least 90% of the purchase price of your knife on resale through BST you will actually have to spend $1478.70/0.11, or $13,442.72 in non-recoverable expenditures to match the utility of purchasing knives like the Marko and Devin.

So there!

The math is off. See, if you bought the Marko and the Devin, you'd stop earning money when another Marko or another Devin hit BST.

I was trying to solve this problem with imaginary numbers.

Wait... maybe it was imaginary knives 🤪
Since your knives are only imaginary, I have an addres you can send all your imaginary knives to. Don’t worry, You can still keep imagening you have them so no harm done really?

Since your knives are only imaginary, I have an addres you can send all your imaginary knives to. Don’t worry, You can still keep imagening you have them so no harm done really?
He‘ll send an imaginary package your way! If you imagine really hard you can already imagine opening the imaginary package!

He‘ll send an imaginary package your way! If you imagine really hard you can already imagine opening the imaginary package!
Imagine USPS actually delivering an imaginary package with imaginary on time delivery.

Imagine all the people.
Livin' for today.

Imagine USPS actually delivering an imaginary package with imaginary on time delivery.

Imagine all the people.
Livin' for today.
I dunno about USPS but Austpost does a half of this: Real package, imaginary on time delivery.

For the maths nerds: Does the fact that the delivery contains both real and imaginary delivery elements make it a complex dexlivery?

I dunno about USPS but Austpost does a half of this: Real package, imaginary on time delivery.

For the maths nerds: Does the fact that the delivery contains both real and imaginary delivery elements make it a complex dexlivery?
Yes. Until you open the box. Then you find out which state the contents are in. For example, there, there but damaged, there but wrapped in waaayyyy to many plastic grocery bags, there but only in your imagination...etc..

@daveb, there's two imaginary packages you didn't get. One domestic and one Aus so let's say $10 and $40 for an even $50 total.

So, using your maths, combined with already established maths, I calculate you now have $1528.70 to spend! Man, whatever you get is going to be sweet.

For the first time ever, I'm really liking maths.

@daveb, there's two imaginary packages you didn't get. One domestic and one Aus so let's say $10 and $40 for an even $50 total.

So, using your maths, combined with already established maths, I calculate you now have $1528.70 to spend! Man, whatever you get is going to be sweet.

For the first time ever, I'm really liking maths.
Don't forget the shipping!

Back