• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought MCX Späre 250

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$338 is a steal for his knife, awesome grind and steel.
I know I'm a broken record, but Spåre and Markin are the stupidest value around from western makers IMO. The biggest difference is if I want something with that nail flexing edge I'd go with a Markin and if I want something that's an all arounder that doesn't shy away from anything I'd go Spåre. I'm sure they can both go either way (I have a ridiculous workhorse to lasers from Markin), but having several knives from each, I love all of them.

Last edited:
I know I'm a broken record, but Spåre and Markin are the stupidest value around from western makers IMO. The biggest difference is if I want something with that nail flexing edge I'd go with a Markin and if I want something that's an all arounder that doesn't shy away from anything I'd go Spåre. I'm sure they can both go either way (I have a ridiculous workhorse to lasers from Markin), but having several knives from each, I love all of them.
Have/tried both and, in my opinion, Markin is substantialy a better performer. Just slays whatever I put on its way like no one's business. Best cost/performance knives I have tried so far. Spare is a very nice blade though.

Back