• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Migoto Yoshitaka Yamada / Wrought Gyuto + Yo-Denka 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearhippo

Reaction score
Howdy all.

I'm on the hunt for the two bad boys above as they're two j-knives I've been wanting to try.

Re. the Yamada, I'm aware that there are two non-Migoto variants on BST. However, it seems like those were sourced elsewhere for more $$$ and I'd rather not pay more for what I perceive to be very similar knives. (I.e. Migoto looks the same but less $$$.)

In terms of the Denka, direct has been backed up for a while now and there aren't any options - to my knowledge - besides Hamono.nl (slight markup without custom fees) and EpicEdge.

I would not be interested in an Isamitsu AS gyuto as their aesthetic isn't to my preference.

Interesting… the one I think you’re referring to is almost double the Migoto list price, and they only dropped a few months ago.

Hello,👋🏻

This knife has a brand new grind from Yamada and a brand new custom handle from Yamada.

Considering all of the extra work I paid for and cost of shipping back and forth from Japan this price is break even and I’m more than happy to share those receipts.

If I charged double the original paid price which includes shipping, this knife would be $1,500 without all of the extra

But I don’t think we should complain on this as there are almost zero Japanese makers using true wrought iron (rentetsu) especial in these sizes and thickness.

Last edited:
Hello,👋🏻

This knife has a brand new grind from Yamada and a brand new custom handle from Yamada.

Considering all of the extra work I paid for and cost of shipping back and forth from Japan this price is break even and I’m more than happy to share those receipts.

If I charged double the original paid price which includes shipping, this knife would be $1,500 without all of the extra work.

The thing is with his knives you get what you get and it’s very hit or miss. 🤷🏻‍♂️

But I don’t think we should complain on this as there are almost zero Japanese makers using true wrought iron (rentetsu) especial in these sizes and thickness.
Fair enough, thanks for the useful additional context!

Back