• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Misono suji, Moritaka KS, Unshu Yukimitsu

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Top to bottom:

Misono Swedish 270mm sujihiki, $135
Moritaka AS “KS profile” 250mm gyuto, $160
Unshu Yukimitsu 205mm gyuto, $160

The Misono and Moritaka are a couple of great knives, but I’m in love with my Mazaki suji and unloading the gyuto I just don’t use enough.

The Yukimitsu is one cool knife - significant flat spot and notable fulcrum/belly curve near the tip, K-tip with a profile closer to the typical standard gyuto than the kiritsuke, white #1 probably hardened near the max (very good retention for white) - I had to try one out but it just doesn’t suit me as well as I thought it would. It’s probably just the right knife for someone out there... Be aware that the cladding on this one is very reactive, but with a little attention gets a nice patina.

C2D0793E-790B-4BDF-B8CA-C52557BC1933.jpeg

All have been used a few times and sharpened once or twice. Thanks for looking!

Once the knife funds replenish I would snap up the Moritaka.

As to the Yukimitsu - it gets really sharp and holds the edge well. It isn’t that thick (2.8mm above heel, 2.3mm middle, 2mm at vertex of k-tip) but being a wide bevel leans towards food release over not splitting carrots. It chipped a little when I used it with a hamaguri grind to the edge at work so I put a normal edge bevel on it, but on wood or rubber boards that grind would probably be just fine. What else would you like to know?

I really like that Moritaka as well! im with Ben on this one [emoji24]
I would ship the Moritaka right to a buddy to regrind. Moritaka’s heat treat with chris’s Grinds. The only other thing I would want was another 10 mm in the heel.

Bump - Yukimitsu still available. I’m really trying not to keep knives that I only use at home: it’s just not quite what I need at work, but I’ve been using it at home lately and it’s quite the performer.

Back