• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Mizuno 300mm Stainless Sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silky

Reaction score
This knife is a pure laser of a sujihiki, also comes with a saya and pin. This knife has seen a fair bit of use and has been lightly sharpened 3-4 times on a 6000 grit stone. The knife has some horizontal scratches and I rounded the heel as can be seen in the pictures. Full disclosure here, the tang was shortened by about an inch to fit into the new handle as can be seen in the photos. I wanted to let the buyer know as although it doesn't affect the knife in use, it might be more fragile if you were someone who really wanted to crank down on the knife for some reason. The new handle is an old octagonal ho wood that I converted into a “heart-shaped” handle. The knife is still in really good shape, but because of all of the alterations and scratches, I’m selling for $275 with free shipping CONUS.

300mm Mizuno Tanrenjo Stainless Sujihiki ($275 w/ Free CONUS Shipping)
Condition: Good, but used
Steel: Swedish Stainless
Length: 290mm
Heel Height: 40mm
Weight: 130 grams
Handle: Modified ho wood handle

Mizuno Suji_No Handle.jpg

Mizuno Suji Left Side.jpg

Mizuno Suji Right Side.jpg

Mizuno Suji Choil.jpg

Mizuno Suji Handle Profile.jpg

Mizuno Suji Handle Butt.jpg

Not sure if people would be interested, but I have a Mizuno petty that I can throw in for free for anyone who wants this sujihiki. Knife is a petty in blue #2. I thinned and sharpened it to have a pointier tip for butchering chickens. Handle is a ho wood that has been darkened by burning. Condition is a bit rough, but might make for a fun project knife or test knife for naturals.

Length: 120mm
Heel Height: 25mm
Weight: 43 grams
Spine Thickness at Heel: 1.5mm
Handle: Burnt Ho Wood, D-Shaped Handle

Mizuno Petty Full.jpg
Mizuno Petty Left.jpg
Mizuno Petty Right.jpg
Mizuno Petty Handle.jpg

Back