Mizuno Tanrenjo Akitada Hontanren

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stratguy

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this knife? Looking at a 210mm. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Well-known knife.
Plenty of info in past threads. The “search” button is your friend for this one.

Thanks. I was searching on the full name and wasn't finding anything useful. This link helps. Thanks again.

Don't want to derail the thread too badly. I'm selling my 210 with faux shinogi, iron clad blue 1 core. Just haven't gotten to posting it yet. If anyone is curious, PM me.

I suppose it's self serving to then immediately say it's an excellent knife, but it really is. Just not into caring for so many iron clad knives, so thinning the herd of shorter models.

I have bought a an aogami hontaren santoku as gift and it's very well made. the blade are thinner than the other santoku. I found that oob it needed extra sharpening but they become razor sharp then.
Mizuno also tends to put a protective layer on the blade that's best to remove those chemicals.

Don't want to derail the thread too badly. I'm selling my 210 with faux shinogi, iron clad blue 1 core. Just haven't gotten to posting it yet. If anyone is curious, PM me.

I suppose it's self serving to then immediately say it's an excellent knife, but it really is. Just not into caring for so many iron clad knives, so thinning the herd of shorter models.

Do they run short? As in a 210 is heel to tip 200 or so? Thanks:)

Latest posts

Back