• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Henckels vintage skinning/butchery - chef discount, price drop

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincaed

(____((__________()~~~
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two for sale
  1. Henckels vintage boning
    145x25ish, 117g | Carbon monosteel ODC | Full length half tang
    $110, $100 $90 $80 $70, $10 discount for working chefs (take a pic in your kitchen)
  2. Moritaka honesuki with friction fit saya
    150x43, 117g | Super blue with soft iron | stainless tang to prevent rust
    $110, $10 discount for working chefs (take a pic in your kitchen) Sold to a chef
The Moritaka honesuki is a great worker. The super blue holds up really well to boning tasks, and is great for chicken, especially going through joints. It was made with a stainless tang, so you don't need to worry about the tang rusting during heavy use. I also sealed the handle junction with a drop of epoxy to keep gross chicken guts from working their way in, so it's built for hard use. I'm changing to an asymmetric style, so this is now redundant. It's been thinned, since it was pretty chunky out of the box. The edge stability is still great, but it cuts better and touches up much easier. It's a working knife, so doesn't have a super nice finish, but also doesn't have any low spots on the bevels to my eye. The saya was sloppy, so I added a pine shim for a friction fit. Hasn't scratched the blade or finish for over 2 years.

The Henckels was handed down from my grandpa who didn't use it, and I don't either. It takes a classic ODC toothy edge, great for butchery, but I just don't do much butchery. Should be a good working mans knife for him who needs it. Handle fit up is clean and tight.

Will knock $10 off the price if you want both
Photo Sep 29, 11 48 08 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 29, 11 44 16 AM.jpg
Photo Sep 29, 11 44 38 AM.jpg
Photo Sep 29, 11 45 17 AM.jpg

E8C688D3-0F19-4988-9B69-F6B5E585195B.jpeg

Last edited:
In case the OP (or anyone) was curious, the shape of that Henckels is technically for skinning, used to remove the hide from animals during slaughter (and occasionally the head/other extremities). Works well for butchery though, much like a bullnose. Good price too I think, GLWS.

Back