• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Munetoshi butcher, Bloodroot boning, Tapio Wirkkala Puukko

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Folks, a few knives for your consideration...

Munetoshi Butcher

DSC_0506.JPG

Used. Ain't nothing fancy about this, it's been used a bit as a butchers knife should be. A few dings visible on the handle. Good knife I just prefer small honesuki.
$90

Bloodroot Boning / Fillet

DSC_0352.JPG

DSC_0349.JPG

Real pretty knife. From original sale here...
http://www.bloodrootblades.com/proteinoct
Thin and with a stiff flex. Great for trimming proteins and light butchery. Seen very light usage, only enough for the tiniest hint of patina.
Had it posted before, will relist here.
$500
Will throw in one of the following with it...
DSC_0512.JPG

On the left an OEM petty, dammy stainless with vg10. On the right a watanabe mukimono, with a handle from Matus (as seen on his blog).
The other knife will come with the suita on my other sale thread! First sale chooses!

Tapio Wirkkala Puukko

DSC_0511.JPG

DSC_0509.JPG

DSC_0510.JPG

Not sure if this is of interest to you guys here, quite a collectors item in the pocket knife world! Very rare. Puukko by Tapio Wirkkala, the famous Finnish designer. One is held on display at moma New York.
Condition is good, but old and a bit tatty. There are a few scratches where it looks like someone has layed the bevel to the stone briefly. It could be refurbed as a collector piece or sharpened up and put to use quite happily.
$280

Any questions please ask. I'm in the UK for your shipping considerations.
Thanks.

You interested in selling the mukimono?

Also, blade length on the puukko?

Sorry the puukko is the 4 inch model.

The muki needs a bit of work if I were to sell it, and I wouldn't value it much more than 50-80 usd (would have to research, can't remember what I paid for it), so I thought would give it away as a little booster for the Bloodroot!

Damn! Could whoever purchased it pm me? I'd love to get my hands on it to take some measurements off that beautiful handle. I could send you some handle wood or something as a thank you.

Would like to move these two. $600 for the both sounds like a good deal.

PM on the Puukko.
As I don't bone my meats the Bloodroot is not as much of interest to me (although I love the design). I suppose it won't suit any other purpose properly?

Back