MY KNIVES AND FOOD . beware pic heavy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful food pics. Makes me want to dine there.

Bistro Blanc was outstanding (I was there in June)! Everything was spot on & I can highly recommend it! If you are in the area you will want to make sure to try and take time to get to Baltimore &/or DC since both are 'chockablock' full of great KKF (Chef) places ...

Great kit. The box elder Burl and mokume handle from HHH is as nice as anything he's done. I know his Aeb-l heat treat is super. I read your menu. It looks terrific, but doesn't nearly do the pictures justice. I will definitely find a reason to get down there.

Thanks for the kind and flattering compliments. As for Bistro, my time is coming to an end ;last service 9/19. For those of whom have come to dine at Bistro, I promise to cook for you again , very soon. As for my plans of employment, I have decided to take a step back and begin my endeavor to learn in kitchens in DC. So far I have a couple restaurants that I will be staging at for a shot at joining their team. Set but not confirmed: roses luxury, central , and succotash. I'm crossing my fingers to get word back from patowmack farms, momofuku, and Komi. If you guys have any advice,insight or references on dc staging scene , please shoot me a PM. Thanks everyone and wish me luck!!

Janny,
I'm glad I got to eat at BB while you were there. I was hoping to get up there soon for show and tell when my son's soccer team plays Glenelg Country School. Oh well.

Good luck and let us know where you land. Those are some very nice places you mentioned (from what I've read).

+1 on the perfectly seared scallops. The plate with the scallops and sesame bacon might be my new screensaver... :)

Glad you did not wind up a Succotash, as it definitely does not strike me as a place that would have been able keep you content in the kitchen. It is a bit of a tourist mill. The food is solid/ decent, but not outstanding and not very creative. And the décor and service are a step behind TGIFridays and Chilis.

If one or two of the Baltimore guys can make it down on a day off hopefully we can survive the line/ wait and see you at Rose's.

Glad you did not wind up a Succotash, as it definitely does not strike me as a place that would have been able keep you content in the kitchen. It is a bit of a tourist mill. The food is solid/ decent, but not outstanding and not very creative. And the décor and service are a step behind TGIFridays and Chilis.

If one or two of the Baltimore guys can make it down on a day off hopefully we can survive the line/ wait and see you at Rose's.

That would be sickkkk. Were gonna be opening soon next door. Its going to be one of the best new openings of the year

just posting to show my appreciation for your work and your knives. nice! -- whats next for you?

Thanks man!!!! Really appreciate it. Next move: i took a step back and want to learn more so i helped open up mokofuku ccdc and came to Roses Luxury in plans of working next door at Pineapples and Pearls soon to be open early april

That just made me really hungry! Spectacular plating.

hey sorry for the late response. work has been wild ! After Pineapples and Pearls, i opened up the Shaw Bijou but unfortunately we closed after a short 2 months due to financial complications. Now Im at Himitsu with a good friend of mine Kevin Tien , who used to cook at Uchi and Momofuku . For the first time in my life, i am stress free and having fun all day everyday. It definitely helps to be cooking, surrounded by friends who crush it , doing whatever it takes .

Back