my wife's third Supperclub is tomorrow. bring it!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
i kept it simple. i did a braised brisket last night. i'm chilling it and letting the flavors marry (more)

a brisket is infinitely easier to slice thin and beautffully when it is cold. i will then re-dress it with the sauce and warm it thru i the oven. (i will pull off the disc of chilled fat first) serving it with boiled potatos, and steamed cabbage.

the chef i beat in the chili contest is attending, so i am a bit nervous. she is making a homemade chocolate cake. hope i get a slice. again, i will be hiding in the TV room while they eat. i dont need the lady-talk. hahah..

i am strangly loving cooking for my wife's friends. she said, i should do it for a bunch of guys...i said..."errr...NO!". hahahha..

Suggest occasionally using a theme for these. Some memorable ones from the monthly cooking club we hosted a decade ago included peppercorns (steak au poivre two ways (green peppercorn sauce and with black peppercorn sauce), and black pepper ice cream), 'luxury ingredients', apples, Morrocan flavors and Thai flavors. It can help people get out of their comfort zones a bit.

Growing up (half Persian) it was a staple in cooking. Ice cream, rice pudding, rice, chicken & meat marinades, etc. so delicious and versatile yet so under utilized around the world.
That's simply because of price. If it cost the same as cinnamon you'd see it everywhere.

Back