Nanohone DR-200

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReiHamono

Vendor
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the Nanohone diamond resin 200 um grit stone

The stone is incredibly unique due to the fact that it uses rounded diamonds and it has a porous hard resin honeycomb structure.

The result of using rounded diamonds prevents the diamonds from cutting too deeply into the surface, it also causes a significantly more shallow then would be predicted cutting pattern for such a large grit size.

Many have compared the cutting pattern size closer to ~350 (you can judge for yourself),but I would have to agree from my own experience.

I will say that some criticisms have been that the stone was “soft”and flexible, however my experience was completely the opposite. Also, people had claimed that the stone was very slow and again I would have to disagree with this as well as I experienced the opposite.

The stone was incredibly easy to use, very fast, incredibly hard and accurate, it just kept cutting and never stopping.

I think a lot of this has to do with that honeycomb pattern that allows for the flushing of steel and iron, and the open pattern helps with cutting similar to how holes help speed up the cutting action in natural stones.

The precision of the stone was incredibly high for my experience. You can judge for yourself from the pictures.

Overall I was incredibly satisfied, and it really opens a lot of possibilities to allowing you to add loose diamond of your choosing to enhance your experience further.

IMG_2305.jpeg
IMG_2304.jpeg
IMG_2301.jpeg
IMG_2302.jpeg
IMG_2303.jpeg

Back