• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Narutaki asagi namazu tomae. *PRICE DROP*

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PalmRoyale

Reaction score
This is a sweet Narutaki tomae on the harder side of medium hard and it's loaded with namazu. When you sharpen with fresh water this stone has a slight resistance and you can really feel the very fine abrasive action. But it doesn't just feel very nice, it also a very nice audible feedback. You can hear it working it's magic. It releases a decent amount of mud with plain water but I preferred to get it started with a light slurry. The reason for this is twofold. Because it's loaded with namazu the slurry is very slick and it also reduces the resistance. The audible feedback remains though. I would say this stone is perfect as a last step polisher because it finishes without visible scratches and it puts a very nice finish on a blade with plenty of contrast.

The size is 197x72x28mm. The bottom of the stone is uneven and 20mm thick at its thinnest point. I levelled the bottom with epoxy resin and then I glued it to a nice piece of Iroko which I varnished before glueing the stone to it. The sides of the stone are also sealed with varnish.

I'd like to get €200 or $223 for it. Shipping within the EU is €13 and $28 to other parts of the world.

Edit: forgot to mention this stone absorbs water very slowly. When it starts to dry out, it's the slurry that's drying out.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Last edited:
I really want to try a Maruoyama suita and I had planned to used the money from this one to fund one.

Oh you mean the ones from Tsushihashi-San? I am planning to get one later this year as well!

That's him. I gave him my (potential)budget and he said he can help me.

If anyone would like to do a trade for a Maruoyama suita I will of course pay the price difference.

Last edited:
Oh you mean the ones from Tsushihashi-San? I am planning to get one later this year as well!
Does he speak English or anybody at his outlet? I’ve followed him on IG and have wanted to try one of his stones.

This is his answer. I assume he wrote it himself.
Thank you for your inquiry
The desired product is available
I recommend “Sirosuita”
It is very easy to sharpen and finishes quickly

Shipping is EMS (Express Mail Service)
Payment method is transfer to the designated bank

Is it OK?
Please consider

Totoriya Tsushihashi

Thanks Palm,

I’ve been meaning to reach out, he has some nice looking stones. Appears to be very hands on too.

Sorry, yes, it's sold. I'll mark it as sold right now.

Edit: Can't mark it as sold. Can a mod do it for me?

Back